Good Morning Blackhawks,
Summary of Post:
- Chris Fraser's Coaching Philosophy
- Blackhawk/Sports Reality COVID-19 Processes and Procedures
Instill within an athlete a love for lacrosse; confidence in her individual abilities; trust in her fellow athletes; accountability for her action; respect for her teammates, her opponents, and the game; and a desire to lead on and off the field.
I have what I consider four non-negotiables
1) Respect - Athletes, coaches, and parents must respect themselves, each other, the officials, the rules, and the history of lacrosse. This respect must be demonstrated both on and off the field.
2) Safety - I strive to create the safest environment for the girls in regards to their physical safety and psychological safety. Practices will be intense at times, games will be fast-paced, and it will all be done in a safe environment
3) Growth Mindset - I also refer to this as having a winning mindset. The challenges of this game will manifest differently in each athlete. We will overcome those challenges together.
4) Fun - We are going to have fun!
Blackhawk/Sports Reality COVID-19 Processes and Procedures
We are very excited to be able to offer a Winter League again this year. That said, due to COVID, there are some things that will look a little different and we thank you in advance for complying so that the girls can still get out there and play.
• Only Players and Coaches are allowed in the facility. There is a maximum number that is allowed in the facility at one time and we cannot exceed it.
o Sports Reality has several large garage doors that will be open and allow for parents to watch from outside IF the weather permits.
o Blackhawk is currently testing a process to live stream the practices/games so parents can still watch even if the garage doors are not open.
• Entrance & Exit Procedure to avoid congestion. Players drop off is at the main entrance just like normal. Players will exit through the back door (parking lot side) and wait with their coach at their designated tent for pick up. See attachment for a diagram.
• Sports Reality Waiver must be signed by every player (or guardian) prior to January 9th. Please complete it at your earliest convenience: https://waiver.smartwaiver.com/w/561fe987608d7/web/
• Coaches will be wearing masks. Players are not required to wear masks while participating but may if that is their family preference.
• We will have plenty of hand sanitizer and sanitizing spray on-site – in addition, Sports Reality keeps these things on-site and in their restrooms as well. We thank you again for understanding and complying with these changes which allow us to continue to offer Winter League Lacrosse.